The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I try something

3 posters

Go down

I try something Empty I try something

Post by woppow Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:47 am

Well I was in hospital. I try this group thingie.

It was really hard/awkward. Like we all had to lie on the floor. and listening to like a rain forest cd. and then the lady was talking like, Feel ur breath, feel ur toes. What sounds do u hear?

The point of this topic is just to say I wish I was able to just lie there and listen to what the lady was saying.
I hope the people who are able to just relax, DO!!
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

I try something Empty Re: I try something

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:01 am

hi wop, so are you saying you enjoyed it?

sorry i have my blonde hair on tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 am

Hi hun,
Relaxing in this manner takes time and practice, but can and is very benifical. What I have taught myself and like to do is, when I climb into my shower in the mornings, is to be able to zone out. By that I mean switch off to all lifes pressures. Listen, really listen to everything you feel, everything you hear. I feel the water cascading down my face, I hear the beauty in the birds singing, I hear the laughter of the children passing by. Totally relax, breath deep, deep breaths and just go with anything you can feel or hear, it brings you down to the beauty of being in the here and now, all pressures vanish for a time. When we master this, we are able to do it in other ways also, to clear or minds and refocus, when we need. You can do this with music, pick something that is very calming for you, maybe lie down on the floor and just feel the beat, feel the calmness. This is the way I used to have to do it, but now, as in now, I am sitting listen to Kenny G Breathless and although I am able to post or answer emails, I am in a totally relaxed happy state, that NO one could even push my buttons. Give it a try and remember the old saying "If at first you dont succeed try try again", it is so so worth it. Good luck, Pam

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by OliviaHeartsMo Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:57 am

o0oo0o0 iv tryed this at YTP i couldnt do it though bt i heard some ppl really get into it
OliviaHeartsMo
OliviaHeartsMo

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum